Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A little inspiration

Last night I was reading a General Conference talk by Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge entitled The Way and it was just the inspiration I needed. Lately I have felt like I keep making the same mistakes over and over. And I felt as though I was doing a horrible job of "following [Him]" (Mark 8:34). However, Elder Corbridge reminds us that although "...the invitation to follow Him is the highest of all, it is also achievable by everyone, not because we are able, but because He is, and because He can make us able too." This brought me so much peace. I needed the simple reminder that although I make mistakes and I stumble rather frequently, our Savior and Redeemer has provided a way for us that does make it possible. I can follow Him!
In the words of Elder Corbridge:
"Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don't quit and you will make it."

It inspired me!

4 comments:

Mason Family said...

remember the saying "endure to the end"? So many of us think it's just about getting through it, but really it's about getting through it well. It helps to remind us that we need to take those little steps every day and stumbling is part of the process. Taking all those steps (prayer/ church/ scripture study/ etc.) aren't always easy, but remember you are stronger than you think you are and you are doing better than you feel you are. Your heart is in the right place and He knows that.

Ashley Reno said...

Thanks for the visit last night. I needed it. I love you huge and am so blessed to have you as a friend. You are amazing! Feel free to call anytime.

Ashley Reno said...

Two comments in one day!! Do you feel special? Just kidding. Anyway, a lady that I work with just came in and told me she is reading a MUST read book. It is called Forgivnig Ourselves by Wendy Ulrich. She got it at deseret book. I am going to look for it on half.com. Love ya.

dianeb said...

OH MY GOSH.....I JUST FINISHED FOLDING LAUNDRY - AND WHILE I WAS FOLDING, THAT IS THE EXACT TALK I JUST LISTENED TO!!! AND THEN I HOPPED ON HERE FOR A QUICK PEEK AND FOUND YOUR POST ON IT! WHOAH! IT IS SUCH A GREAT TALK! I LOVED THE REMINDER THAT "IT IS ACHIEVABLE BY ALL"
YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB AS A MOM & WIFE - I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT PARLEY WILL BE HOME SOON!