I wish I could just PAUSE life. It goes too fast. I fill my life with too many things that just don't matter. Sometimes I find myself getting impatient and short-tempered w/ my kids but only because I have unnecessarily cluttered my life. Generally these things are not bad, they are just not the best things I could do. It reminds me of the the talk by Elder Oaks Good, Better, Best (it's amazing--it will inspire you). Sometimes I just need to stop what I'm doing and enjoy the little moments like snuggling with my kids, reading a book to them, lying in the grass and watching the clouds go by. These are the things our kids will remember. They won't remember that the house was spotless--just keep it clean! They won't remember how amazing you were because you recovered a chair in ONE day--take a week to do it! However, they will remember the time you took to help them learn and discover new things, to teach them about God, to comfort them, to play with them, and to love them!
I never imagined I would love my children like I do. Being a parent, particularly a mother, is my most precious calling in life. I am going to LOVE it and LIVE it!
I know it's cheesy, but it does the job!

9 comments:
Good timing. Today I have run myself ragged, supposedly in the name of "fun," when really all it amounted to was me being frustrated and in a hurry. Defeats the purpose of family fun time when Mom is a grouch! Not to mention I almost ran us all off the road in my hurry.
Anna I love you! I can just imagine what a great mom you are. Thanks for the loving reminder about what's important!
I totally agree. I find myself doing the same things... the days I am the most short are the days I overbook myself. And then they hug you and tell you they love you and they want to snuggle you- and you remember how important it all is. I just keep reminding myself that she won't want me around all the time when she gets older... I hope she does though!
Such a good reminder! Cute picture.
Your kids are adorable! This post is deffinatley something I need to work on and remember to prioritize!
Oh Anna you are just so wonderful. London was looking at your picture with me and she kept saying, "Hi baby, love baby." That's her trying to say love you. It was really cute.
What a great reminder I think we all feel that way at timjes but your right motherhood is the best thing ever!
Rashelle
You are the best. Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to get caught up in the unimportant and loose sight of the real purpose in life- family and relationships. Parley couldn't have found a better wife, and I truly feel blessed to call you my sister.
Anna -I just LOVE you!!! It was sooo fun to get to see you and your sweet little family! wish you could have been here a bit longer!
you are an AMAZING mother - and can I say one more time....I LOVE YOUR HAIR LIKE THAT!!!!
Post a Comment