Parker thinks it is great fun to drive his monster truck under our van and then crawl under and get it. He's such a boy.

The crazy boy also loves to help me cook now. It's a little messy because he has a hard time getting all the ingredients into the bowl, but I love to see how happy he is to be my helper. He does an excellent job at cleaning up the mixing tool! I wish I would have taken a picture of that, but I did capture him with his face pressed against the glass as he watched the peanut butter cookies in the oven.
Paige loves the rocking chair and I just love her beautiful smile!

When they're sweet, they're sweet. But when they're ornery, they sure can be ornery! This is one of the sweet moments.

A full picture of the adorable dress! Lena sent this to me when Paige was a newborn. I think that was the cruelest thing she could do to me as I have been dying for the time when she was big enough for the dress! Don't you love it?! Thanks Lena!
Since my last post, Parker got another ear infection AND pink eye in both eyes. We finally got a referral to an ENT. I'm sad that he will have to have surgery, but I am also glad to be able to take care of this so he doesn't get more ear infections (hopefully). Paige has remained mostly healthy and happy. But I have been hit with some type of crazy flu. I haven't felt this sick in a long time, but I think I hit my peak yesterday and am on the mend. I still have no voice and am very congested, but my body doesn't ache near as much.
When they're sweet, they're sweet. But when they're ornery, they sure can be ornery! This is one of the sweet moments.
A full picture of the adorable dress! Lena sent this to me when Paige was a newborn. I think that was the cruelest thing she could do to me as I have been dying for the time when she was big enough for the dress! Don't you love it?! Thanks Lena!
Despite the sicknesses we've been facing, I feel so blessed. The kids have been happy. Parley has been protected. We have friends who watch over us and help us. We have family and more friends far away who pray for us and offer support in other ways. We have a roof over our heads and food to eat (sometimes good, sometimes not so good). And we have a Father in Heaven who knows our needs and continues to bless us in many ways.
Life is good and we do love it!

7 comments:
oh my goodness!! You sure have had your hands full. Ella had the cradle "crap" for over a year! We ended up doing the vaseline on the scalp, olive oil on the hair and then a mixture behind the ears. It was fun styling the hair though! I hope you start to feel better and never forget I'm across the street if you need anything!
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Get better soon. Adorable kids and very cute green dress. And to think that it ended up fitting her right before St. Pattie's day. Lucky;-)
Sorry to hear you all have been sick! Your kids sure are cute. Glad you got the cradle crap sorted out!
Get Well -
we love you!
I hate cradle cap (we call it crap, too). My kids have it FOR.EV.ER. It drove me nuts, scrubbing, lotioning, combing...but then my Dr. said to just leave it alone, it's no big deal. And it's not. Unless you're one of those moms that is really embarrassed by it because it impedes the cute hair-do's you dream of doing on your baby. Fortunately, I'm not one of those moms, and I know nothing about doing hair, so it was easy to give up the fight. Good luck with it...and with being sick. I feel for you.
Your kids are growing up too fast Anna! I am so sorry to hear about Parker but thankful it will get better from there!! Keep up the awesome posting!!
okay, so I have to say that I still really really really REALLY love that dress! And, I totally understand that cradle crap crap. cause walker STILL has it. and I am such a great mom that i have just given up and we keep his hair long enough to hide it, which is fine because he is my psycho child who loves doing his own hair a million times a day and he showers constantly so he never has bed head (which is why we keep rem's hair super short--he never showers, unless forced to by his mother, and he never does his hair--even if forced to by his mother.)
Post a Comment