1. An ugly 60's dresser (needs refinished and then it will be amazing--that is coming when the weather decides to cooperate)
2. A bed with no head or footboard
3. Ugly curtains that I tried to make before I beefed up the amazing sewing skuh-zizzles.
4. A fun, but not-exactly-what-I-was-going-for bedspread
5. A black side table (oddly enough situated behind the bed in this picture)
6. Basically, a huge, chaotic, unorganized MESS!
Did I miss anything? Oh, yes, the gorgeous, but out-dated cedar chest.
The BEFORES: (I kept it real...very, very real)
So now we have:
THE AFTERS!!!
(ignore the pile on the bed)
(ignore the pile on the bed)
I hope you love it as much as I do!
-the boxes on the bookshelf are going to get covered in paper/fabric to make them cutesified.
-the picture frames will have something (I don't know what yet) in them
-the dresser will be touched up, but speaking of touching up...when we move (if we ever move) I am going to repaint the bookshelf, headboard and dresser to just plain white and distress it, then paint the walls a magical undecided color
-recover the ugly lampshade on my table
-make my sewing table chair cute
Price breakdown:
Paint--Already had everything on hand
Headboard--$$FREE$$
Bookshelf and dresser--$$FREE$$ from awesome neighbor!
Lamp: $$FREE$$ and spray-painted
Black bookshelf on sewing table: stolen from a different room
Sewing desk-- stolen from another room and repainted
Bedspread--$60 (ish) at Target--I love it because it's so versatile and allows me to have fun with my curtains, pillow cases and (future) decorative pillows.
Fabric for curtains and pillow cases and (future) decorative pillows: $100, 2 Amy Butler and 1 Heather Bailey.
New knobs for dresser: $17
So basically, I spent $177 to makeover our room! Oooooh! I love a good deal! And our room makes me happy!

7 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! It is very you and very cute!! But it's not so cutesy that Parley feels out of place (I hope anyway!) And I do love a bargain too, but you already knew that. Can't wait to see the 100% completed pictures! Hope all is well for the Jones Family!! We miss you!
I am lovin your mad skills!! Isn't so much fun redoing rooms on the cheap!! It becomes kind of an obsession!! Miss you guys a ton!
PS. Love the before pics--makes me feels so much better--lol!!
You are so very talented! I love that you can make time to do that. The only thing I make time to do is de-clutter and then I have no energy to be cute. Amy Butler is my fav and I also love Heather Bailey. Good job!
I'm very impressed! :)
I am so in the mood for a good redecorating. I get this way every January. Hopefully living vicariously through you will help me not undertake any new projects...for a while.
This is amazing! Looks so fabulous!!! Love Makeover rooms! NIce job!
Impressive!!! And, sadly, I totally recognized the fabric. Amy Butler is amazing, and so is heather bailey...I just have a harder time using her designs. Speaking of which...the ups man is just now dropping off some fabric I ordered! HURRAY!
Post a Comment