Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Want another recipe?

I know I am always looking for great recipes, so I thought I'd share one that I found (can't remember where).
It is simple. It is super nutritious. Super easy! And super delicious! Plus, I love meatless meals, so that makes it superlicious!


Sweet Potato Burritos

2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes (the ones I used this last time in the picture above are a light variety)
4 cups of refried beans (about 2 cans I think)
taco seasoning to taste
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
10-12 medium tortillas

Peel, cube and boil the sweet potatoes and then mash them. Heat up beans and add taco seasoning to taste. Put a layer of mashed potatoes on a tortilla, then a layer of beans. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll into a burrito and then brown on a skillet.

We love to top these with any kind of salsa, but Pico de Gallo is my favorite. Parley loves them with sour cream on top too. The kids have even dipped them in ketchup! These freeze so great and then you can heat them up for 2-3 minutes in the microwave. Dare I say it...the freezing option makes them super duper!

Try them out. I think you'll like them!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wahoo! I love it. I've done something similar to this just using beans but I think the potato will give it that extra little bit of 'meaty' texture. I'm so trying this tonight.

Sharlee said...

Ooh. Those look very interesting. I'll have to give them a whirl.

Carl and Heidi Jones said...

i made them. they are so good. we're having them again tonight.