Sunday, August 14, 2011

Catch up

Oh, boy, I can't believe that July is over.  We have been having so much fun!  Part of that included our trip for the 4th of July (which I believe I failed to mention that I started a fire all by myself for the first time--I was a little worried as I thought about that on our way up, but the fire started right up on the first try, no lighter fluid required--whew).  

Then mid-July we had a reunion over on the Oregon coast with my siblings and parents as well as another Aunt and Uncle and their children!  It was so much fun and we were so blessed with good weather for the most part.  Parker and Paige loved having their cousins around and it was so nice to be around my siblings and cousins!  


 Paige adored her little cousin Emri.  Good thing Emri is used to affectionate older siblings! 

This guy below did not want to be in any pictures. And, boy, he loved that water!





 Paige got buried by Grandma.  She actually did enjoy it, despite the face. 

 Parker and his cousin-buddy Tegan!  These two and Walker (another cousin) all had so much fun together!  
I just am horrible about taking pictures and didn't get any of the three of them together.  
I think this was the first day.  After that, I kind of slacked on the picture taking.

 Having fun discovering the tidepools.  *side note: that girl behind is not related in any way.  I have no idea who she is, but she was adorable--red hair and the daintiest little freckles!  So cute!)
And I love Paige's big ole smile of cheese!  She's so posy when she wants to be.

Then, the day after we got home, Parley's parents flew in!  
We had so much fun while they were here and were sad to see them leave! 

We took advantage of their first sunny day here and headed down to Mt. Saint Helens.
It was a gorgeous day and we got to see some beautiful sights.


 This was not a planned picture.  They had just grabbed hold of each other and were walking along.
I love these moments when they are so kind and loving together!
 This was at Northwest Trek (a place to see many animals native to the Northwest).
The kids loved Abuelo's (Grandpa's) magic tricks!  I wish I had caught some pictures of those *but, alas, I fail at photography*.  This is the only picture I got of the kids with even one grandparent.
I'll do better next time.
 A couple days after they flew out, my parents flew in!  And I bombed it in the picture department this time because I didn't take a single picture!  Yikes!  Anyway, I got to spend a couple days with them and then I  headed out to Girl's Camp (a program put on for girls ages 12-18 through our church).  And, again, no pictures (is anyone surprised?).

The kids got to hang out with Gpa and Gma a few days, then my parents had to head out to my dad's sibling reunion.  Then my great friend took the kids for the remaining 2 days.  Wow!  I was so happy to come home, but it was so nice knowing that while I was gone, my kids were in good hands and happy!

I was a little worried the kids would rather stay and have fun with friends/relatives (who wouldn't?), but in the end, they were excited to see me!

WOW!  And now we are here.  We are loving the summer whenever possible because we know it won't last too long here in the NW. 

6 comments:

Camille said...

Sounds like you guys have had a ton of fun! You are one busy lady, I don't know how you manage it all! We sure miss you guys, Claire sent Parker a picture so hopefully Marty gets that to you soon. :)

Evan and Jamie said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! Miss you!

Ashley Reno said...

You are awesome! I wish I had enough faith to go places by myself with the kids. I seriously don't think I could handle the drive. Maybe if we got a DVD player it might be a little better. Love ya. Thanks for the chat the other day. Hope you are doing well.

berry family said...

Looks like you have had a fun summer. Your kids are cute as ever but then again they always are.
Rashelle

Shayla said...

Oh my word!!! I was so excited to your comment. It has been forever since I have seen anyone! I love reading about all your adventures...you guys sound like you are having tons of fun, and sound so happy!

Anonymous said...

聊天室 , 真爱旅舍 , 低调视频库网址 , 视频网址解析 , 真人女裸体视频 , 真人裸体网站 , 真人秀多人视频 , 真人裸体电影 , 视频网站排行 , 视频下载网站