Thursday, October 13, 2011

I am a Mormon. I am a Christian.

Lately, there's been a lot of news coverage about Mitt Romney, a hopeful candidate for the 2012 Presidential race, as well as a Mormon.  Up until recently, most of what I had heard was fairly neutral in the area of his religion.  However, just this past week, Reverend Robert Jeffress spoke up with his concerns about Romney's religion.  As I am a Mormon, or a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and a Christian, I was both shocked and bewildered by his comments.  The following is an interview Jeffress had with CNN's Anderson Cooper:


In response to the inflammatory words of Jeffress, many people have spoken out, Mormons and not, to establish actual facts rather than spread rumors or misunderstandings.  Here is an article by Dean Obeidallah, also from CNN, entitled  "Who says Mormons aren't Christians?".

However, I think the best clarification can be found in a message given by Jeffrey R. Holland, a prominent leader of  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  His brief message and testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, is entitled The Only True God and Jesus Christ Whom He Has Sent

So am I a Mormon?  Yes, I am.  Am I a Christian?  Most assuredly, I am.

I know that it is only through Jesus Christ that I can be saved.  He is my Savior and Redeemer.






For more--and accurate--information, feel free to visit mormon.org , or you can always talk to me.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you Anna for taking the time to put such beautiful words on your blog for us all to read! I couldn't agree more...you have a beautiful testimony and I know that others, including myself receive strength from your testimony. What a beautiful, special Daughter of God you are!!!

SheRa said...

Anna, you are such a wonderful woman. You really are following the charges that were asked of us during the last General Conference by posting this. I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天