Here's how we did ours. (forgive the lack of technical cooking terms. I am no pro)
I had boiled some chicken just in broth, so I threw about 4 cups of shredded chicken into a mixture of
white wine vinegar
dehydrated onions
ground ginger
a bit of brown sugar
--then I just let that marinate a couple hours until dinner time.
For the base of the salad we used:
1 1/2 Romain heads chopped
1 carrot shredded on the thickest shredder we have (how's that for techinical?) :)
1 red bell pepper chopped chunky
1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
1 1/2 c diced cucumber
1/2 c diced celery (could use more, it was just what we had in the fridge)
For the dressing I did:
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 tsp ground ginger (next time I will use more because it needed a little more kick)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 pressed garlic clove
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1 cup olive oil (I'll use less next time because I like a lower ratio of oil to vinegar)
Stir that all up (I had to heat mine a bit in the microwave to help incorporate the honey) then let it refrigerate.
Then at dinner we topped our salads with the chicken, raisins/craisins (we tried both ways), chow mein noodles, peanuts and the dressing.
It was seriously good! I am salivating just thinking about it. I think I'm gonna go have some salad!

3 comments:
Yum! I think I will try this tonight for dinner! It sounds pretty healthy, too, and low on processed food. How exciting! Thank you for sharing, Anna.
sounds divine! I love salad!
Even though I don't like spicy things, that actually sounded yummy to me! Anna, you never cease to amaze me with your talents and creativity! I hope all is well with you and your family:) Take care and keep up the awesome work!
Post a Comment