...and I'm a little nervous. To say the least. What has he done in his first week of Presidency?
The two most concerning issues to me are the "changes" he's made pertaining to gay marriage and abortion. His first day in office, the official White House webpage had some updates under the "civil rights" category: Support for the LGBT Community *please check out exactly what it says concerning this topic on their webpage*. Is this not alarming to many of you? Just today he reversed a policy set by our former President George W. Bush. This reversal will allow federal funds (our tax dollars) to support international groups that promote or perform abortions.
In anticipation of some of my blog readers who are Obama fans, I would like to set the record straight. I think it is amazing and incredible that we have elected a black man as the president of our nation! I think it reflects the equality of all men and women in this nation and that race, religion and gender have no bearing on what you become; only you decide what you become. My problem is not his race. My concern lies in the vast chasm that seperates his and my morals.
He is our president and I will support him in the good changes he makes. However, I have yet to see any good.
The two most concerning issues to me are the "changes" he's made pertaining to gay marriage and abortion. His first day in office, the official White House webpage had some updates under the "civil rights" category: Support for the LGBT Community *please check out exactly what it says concerning this topic on their webpage*. Is this not alarming to many of you? Just today he reversed a policy set by our former President George W. Bush. This reversal will allow federal funds (our tax dollars) to support international groups that promote or perform abortions.
In anticipation of some of my blog readers who are Obama fans, I would like to set the record straight. I think it is amazing and incredible that we have elected a black man as the president of our nation! I think it reflects the equality of all men and women in this nation and that race, religion and gender have no bearing on what you become; only you decide what you become. My problem is not his race. My concern lies in the vast chasm that seperates his and my morals.
He is our president and I will support him in the good changes he makes. However, I have yet to see any good.

But I am hoping and praying for the best!

1 comment:
Anna, I think it's almost silly that you just had to explain that your opinions aren't based upon his skin color. But, some people will claim that because we don't agree with him has to be something more than us just having different morals. Anyways. I was picking up the kids yesterday from school and I listen to a Christian radio station and was shocked when the news report came on about this reversal. I guess there's this new U Tube video going around now that shows a tiny little fetus happily moving around in the womb to some classical music. It's such a pretty picture. And then it says, this child will be born to a broken family, a single mom, and struggle a lot. Some people right there might agree, well I guess an abortion should be an option for her. And then it goes on to say, this baby will go conquer their struggles and become the first black president. WOW. I thought it was great. I have not seen it yet but listening to the description of it was powerful. ANyways, you're awesome and keep us up to date.
Post a Comment