Friday, February 13, 2009

She's here!

Our beautiful little Paige Jones




Well, she decided to come! The timing could not have been better: I went and picked up my mom from the airport and called my doula on our way home to tell her I was in labor and asked her to meet me at my house! When she got there (about 10 minutes after my mom, Parker and I got home), she and I immediately headed to the hospital (contractions were about 3 minutes about).

All in all, from when I started feeling regular contractions to when she was born, it was about 9 hours. As for pushing...well just imagine a woman laughing, being told not to laugh, so laughing harder (trying not to), and pushing the baby's head out before the doctors are able to get in there! Yep, that's what happened! The nurse was going to help me push to the point where the doctor would want to come in. But on my first contraction that she had me push on, the baby was ready! So then she told me to stop, I was surprised and started laughing which made the baby come right on out! It was all very funny!

Now we are both doing well and feeling pretty good!

Here are a few details about Paige Jones:

*sorry--not going to give bday for security purposes!*

Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz
Height: 19.25 inches
Born at 2:57 am!

And now, some pics...
Getting ready to go home!
I hate post-baby pics...how do some people manage to look soooo beautiful? But this is the best pic we had w/ all three of us so far.

14 comments:

---------- said...

Anna! She is soooooo cute! Nice work! Glad to hear that the whole process was funny instead of painful...lol! Looking forward to seeing a lot more pics! :)

Our Three Sons said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!

Andrea said...

How exciting! She is a doll! Way to go, Anna! Want me to use more exclamation marks?!!!!!

Yeah, the post-baby picture is not my favorite part of having a baby, either. If it makes you feel any better, yours is a kajillion times better than any of mine.

Ashley Reno said...

Paige is adorable! I am so glad everything went well. I love you HUGE and am glad your mom is there to help you.

Lena said...

I just have to OOZE over little Miss Paige one more time...seriously, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! And you look fantastic! Love the haircut! Maybe I will dye my hair and brows brown...random? yes.

Suzie Koskella said...

She is so beautiful! I love it! Congrats!

Evan and Jamie said...

Yea Guys!!! I am so excited for you guys! She is so beautiful. I've been thinking about you on my whole trip!! I am so glad everything went well!! I can't wait to see her when I get home!! Congratulations you guys!!

berry family said...

Congrats to you and Parley. She is beautiful and I am glad everything went well. I am glad you are not pregnant anymore. Congrats again!!
Rashelle

Susannah said...

Congratulations Anna and Parley,

You two make beautiful babies. I'm glad the timing worked out so well. I was worried about you being alone, and then having to get someone for the others. YUCK! As for the post baby pics, you look great. Don't worry nobody likes them.

dianeb said...

I love her already - can't wait to get my hands on her! good work - I love that she waited for her Grandma to get there! good job Paige!!!

Jenny Hadley said...

Oh my goodness Anna! You and Parley are AMAZING baby makers. I mean, 2 for 2! You are such a great looking family. Miss you! Love you lots!

Stacey Jensen said...

She is so beautiful. She looks absolutely priceless. Congrats on having her here finally. Paige is a perfect name. Love you and love the photo of you and the kiddos. You look amazing.

Ashley Reno said...

How is Parker adjusting? From your post on my blog I am thinking he is not doing too well. I sure hope he adjusts soon. Are you headed to Emmett for a while? Love you HUGE!

Phil and Ronnie said...

Anna- She's adorable! And you look great! What a beautiful little family! Congratulations on your new addition!