This has been one crazy month with lots of fun happenings. Hopefully, I can get you all up-to-date on our ever-fascinating lives that I know you're just dying to read about!
First off:
I DID IT! I did my first triathlon! Wahoo! It was so much fun and it was the perfect tri for a first-timer; there were only about 150 people total and it was pretty simple! Everyone was so friendly and they even gave me a medal for being a division winner! I know! Exciting, huh? BUT, I really don't think I won in my age division. At first, while I was on my tri-finishing-high, I thought "wow, I am so amazing! I was the fastest person in my age group!" But then reality hit *a day or two later*, and I realized that they were giving those medals to everyone. Plus, I paid $$$$ for the extraordinarily flattering t-shirt. Have you ever seen an uglier t-shirt? Seriously. I paid how much money to swim, bike and run and they give me this?
However, it was all worth it! This was one of my goals for the year and I accomplished it. And I actually want to do more! Next up is a 5k (or 10k if I get ambitious) on Thanksgiving morning. Parley's going to do this one w/ me which will make it even more fun!
Post-race, tired but happy!
Fancy, pantsy swim gear. Oh my heavens. Getting into a wetsuit is a workout alone. Holy moly! If they weren't so restricting I'd where one all the time because they just hold everything in. Nice!

Also this month, we celebrated our anniversary. On Saturday we went to the temple and then on Monday we went rock climbing plus hit Cold Stone afterwards for a very healthy snack (icecream has milk in it. that makes it healthy. right?)! Then later that night we went swimming as a family! We had lots of fun and it was nice to spend time alone--thanks to our friendly babysitters! I am so glad I took the plunge (marriage) with Parley! He has been so sweet to me. He makes me laugh every day. He provides me so much strength. And I can't imagine anyone out there better-suited for me! 
September has flown by and I wish life would slow down. But, since I can't stop time, I try to enjoy the moments! Here are a few fun moments for you:
Paige just being her adorable self. She loves to smile, unless she's tired.

Parker got caught w/ the chocolate
Parley pulled Parker's pants up to his ribs the other day and this is what Parker did. I guess we have a Steve Erkel on our hands.
And, Paige loves her little jumper
10 comments:
Congrats Anna! That's the kind of motivation I'm lacking right now (the get out and exercise kind). Your family is so cute! Oh, and Nathan still has poop problems. He nearly always has racing stripes in his underwear and I don't know what to do about it.
Good job, Anna! I am so impressed with people that run long distances, and swimming and biking, too? Wow.
Did you get a new phone number? I tried calling the other day but it didn't sound like you...anyway, we got a membership to the Tacoma Zoo (long story). If you want to go sometime give us a call. Or just give us a call anyway. :) We still haven't visited Andrea yet...
-Angie
You are amazing. 'Nuf said.
Oh my goodness!! Your kids are so adorable! I just love them so much. Congrats on your triathlon. You are such an amazing mommy!
Anna, congratulations on your first tri! How exciting! I'm sure you did great! Looks like you guys have had a great Sept!
Congrats! I am so proud of you! Wish I could've done it with you! Maybe next year we can swing it!
anna, you are amazing! I wish that i could do one but I am so horrible at motivating myself! Your kids are so cute! How is the poo situation going? I am still trying to work on that! :)
Congrats Anna! We ran a 10k last year at Memorial Day and I almost died. Phil wants to do it again, and I'd love to use the "I'll have a six-month old excuse" but now I can't!
Such fun kiddos! Keep the pics coming!
I'm so proud of you! Isn't it fun!? I haven't done a tri yet, but I love racing. Danielle, Dave, and I (and maybe Steven and my mom) are going to run the Halloween 5k down here. It is the best race ever! It is at night, with glow sticks and it ends by running through the grave yard. :) We need to catch up! I'll try and give you a call later. I love you!
Dear Parley & Anna, Your kids are soooooo freaking cute!!! :) Also, congrats on the triathlon Anna!! Way to go!! :D
Post a Comment