Tuesday, February 22, 2011

There's some caramel syrup in the fridge.

And it is calling my name. This isn't just any caramel...it is buttermilk caramel syrup. Yum! Yummy with ice cream. Yummy on a spoon. Probably yummy on anything!

But I'm not touching it! I am swearing off all sweets for the next 10 months and 6 1/2 days (here's where I admit that I just had some about an hour ago because I knew I was getting ready to write this). This might sound extreme to some, but this is the plan. Some people can open up a package of M&Ms and eat just a few, but I open up a package and the package is gone within 24 hrs. Serious. Needless to say, I try not to buy big packages of anything. I digress. The point is, I have a big sweet tooth and it needs to stop. Plus, it will be great to say, "I haven't eaten sweets in 10 months and 6 1/2 days!"

So, why do I tell you? Because now I have to do it. Each week on Sunday, I'll report in. I'll call it: Sweet Sunday. Oh so clever, I know!

I actually really don't care if you comment about it, but I know you'll read it. So if I fail, you will know. That's a good motivator for me.

so....here I go! Feel free to join me! I love company. But whatever you do, don't send me any Junior Mints!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I am not one to encourage no-sugar binges. In fact, I like to go by the ol' deal about moderation, because to me, no sugar is just as crazy as WAY too much.

(that's what I tell myself, because while I CAN limit myself to one treat/day - if I try REALLY hard - I cannot cut it out altogether. I get too grouchy and mean and feel like life is just not worth living)

Good luck!

Jenny Hadley said...

I am the same way. Before I had Max we hardly ever had sweets in the house because Bret's "treat" was a steak every other day. I have gone overboard now with the, "but I'm nursing" excuse. I should probably do the same thing. I ate a whole bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs all by myself in 3 days. Better than my usual 1 day. Good luck to you!

Evan and Jamie said...

I hear ya Anna, I'm pretty sure there were multiple boxes of Girl Scout Cookies in the house last week---I'm not sure how they disappeared!! LOL Good luck!

Sawdust Girl said...

Wow, I tried to go a whole week without sugar and didn't even make that. If you can do it, I'll be totally proud of you (and a little jealous of your self restraint). I'm with Andrea though, NO sugar is pretty crazy!

dianeb said...

Go Anna!
I tried, I failed....