Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Fun

 Right after Parley left, I decided we needed to make sure we were doing something fun for the 4th.  Normally we always have a big get-together with friends if we're in town, but I wasn't sure I wanted to do all that (I don't really know how to BBQ--gasp!) on my own.  So, I decided to rent a cabin.  I'm so glad we went!  The kids had so much fun and I was able to just sit an relax and read my book (Anne of Green Gables...ahhhhh....sigh...it was so good!).
 The kids playing in the lake.  It was freezing, but they enjoyed it anyway.

 ...Most of the time.
See, she really did have fun!

 Who could resist this shot?  Sorry.
 She is just too adorable for words. 

 The kids had so much fun together.  Seeing them laughing together and being great friends is one of the things that I love the most!

At around 6:00, Paige asked to go to bed.  I could tell she was tired, but I didn't realize how tired she really was.  She got down and was out!

 After she went to bed, Parker had tons of fun exploring nearby and getting super dirty, but that's what camping (in a cabin) is for!


 He was climbing up this really steep hill with very fine dirt, and he kept saying "we're almost there!  we're almost there!"  I love it!



 Look at that dirty guy!

Then he informed me that he has three funny faces.

Please observe:


 Face #1
 Face #2
 Face #3

 I hope you had a great Independence Day.  I am so grateful for the many sacrifices that have been made to form and maintain the liberties of this country.  I am grateful for my husband and the many other men and women we know and do not know who also sacrifice much to serve our country!
 Parley right before he left.

Gosh, I love that man!

2 comments:

berry family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
berry family said...

Happy 4th of July. I love all the pictures of your kids. Parker is getting so big and handsome. The last picture was the best of your cute family. Stay safe.