Parker loves Chicken Nuggets, but the thought of my kids ingesting those things they sell at most fast food restauarants as "chicken nuggets" literally makes me want to vomit. I have totally fed my children those things and I'm sure I will in the future, but I try to avoid it as much as possible just because they seem so gross to me. Lately, however, Parker has been asking for them all the time. So, I told him I would make him the best chicken nuggets he'd ever had. Basically, I just chunked up the chicken in almost bite-size pieces, coated it w/ flour and spices and cooked it in some olive oil on the stove.
Then I thought sweet potato fries sounded like a scrumptious side to have (what are chicken nuggets without fries?)! But in true Anna form (laziness) I thought I'd try to save a few minutes and use my food processor to make something more like sweet potato chips. Well, they didn't turn out quite like I thought they would, and were a bit too spicy for the kids, but I love them! Most of them are not very crispy because I had a hard time catching them just at crispiness but before becoming burnt. So they are either slightly soft or overcooked. But still yummy! And the fun part: I feel no guilt eating these chips!
And the kids were pretty happy with the results too!
Parker kept saying, "these are the best nuggets in the whole world!" He exaggerates, but I like that, especially when he's talking about my food or how much he loves me!
p.s. Yes, my photography skills do rock!
I will be offering a special e-book tutorial giving away all my secret tips,
available for only $99.99.

6 comments:
they look so grown up!!! I do the same thing with "nuggets" - wtg mama!!! Sweet potato fries are kind of time consuming - but totally worth it. You can spray them with olive oil or another oil you like (w/ a plant sprayer or something similar) and then cook them in the oven. (they store ok in a freezer bag if you let them cool completely.) That's how we cook them anyway. :) Can't wait for details about baby Jones #3!!! Hugs to all darlin!
Hurray for you and your chicken-nugget-loving-kiddos! I have my own set of issues with those chicken "things", so I totally understand!
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!! Great job Anna!! I am so proud of you and you are such an inspiration to me!!!! Keep it up!
You are so domestic...I should have stayed there longer so you could maybe have rubbed off on me. And also, $99.99 for the tutorial, I think you're selling yourself cheap there for that amazing talent that you're willing to share! ;)
Looks so yummy! you are such a good Mom.
成人午夜聊天 , 三色午夜秀 , 裸聊女qq号 , 午夜秀聊天室 , 寂寞聊天室 , 真人视频聊天室 , 台湾视讯聊天交友 , 主播聊天室 , 视频聊 , 真人裸体视频
Post a Comment