While in TX visiting Abuelo and Lita, Mom (lita), Katrina, Susannah, and I (with Parker) made a visit to a place called "Heritage Farm" (I think). It is this little community of people striving to live a self-reliant life. They store their own rain water; they use horses to plow their fields; they make their own soap, candles, furniture, clothes, yarn...everything! It was pretty neat. However, I am very much a fan of the Industrial Revolution! I shall continue buying my clothes (and other necessary items) from other people who enjoy making them and do it a lot better! I think I was born in this day and age for multiple reasons, one of them being that I am a complete "ninny" as Parley would say! :) I did very much enjoy the gardening concepts. They demonstrated greenhouse growing, which I would love to do someday! I really enjoyed it all; I just have no desire to live so extremely self-reliant! I am a definite believer in being prepared and being self-reliant, just not SO self-reliant! Overall, it was fascinating, beautiful, and inspiring! We all really enjoyed it! The following are some pics of Parker from the trip. His favorite part was the animal section. I do believe his new favorite animal is a chicken!
Having a little chat w/ the chickens
This turkey was very protective of his females. Parker loved his very aggressive"gobble gobble" but then had to move on to all the other exciting animals like...
...the sheep!
My cute little man in front of a barn!

No comments:
Post a Comment