I just signed up to do my 1st Triathlon ever! aahh...my adrenalin is already pumping from nervousness. One of my goals for the new year was to do a triathlon--thanks to much inspiration from my lovely sister *Lena*! She's been doing them for a few years now and raves about them. I always thought she was crazy. Why in the world would a person choose to go through all that swimming, biking and particularly the running?! I guess we'll see. It very well might be torture. But I can say that I have had so much fun training for it. Who knew "spin class" (indoor cycling) could be so much fun? It's my favorite! Plus, just mixing it up with all three events has really broken the monotony. I even somewhat enjoy the swimming. Besides half-way drowning every time I swim, my only problem with it is the swimsuit. Swimsuits and I do not get along. Why is it that all athletic swimsuits seem to be about 10 sizes too small? Anyone else have that problem? I had a swimsuit that was doing the job, but then that one got left at the gym *I know. I'm a dork.* So then I had to go swimsuit shopping. Wow. If you ever want to feel real great about your physique, go shopping for an athletic swimsuit. I grabbed the size I normally wear and when I started to try to put it on, it wouldn't even budge past my hips--gotta love birthing hips! So I tried a size bigger. NOPE. That didn't work. Two sizes later, I found one that didn't squeeze me out of it in every single direction. I get that they are supposed to streamline you, but really...I'm not going pro.
But on with the post...the triathlon is Sept 7, Labor Day! I'm just doing sprint which includes 300M swim, 13 Mile bike, and 3 mile run. It should be fun. I hope. I only have two goals: 1.finish and 2.finish with a smile!
I'll let you know how it goes. And maybe I'll post pictures...just not in my swimsuit!
2019 October
6 years ago

5 comments:
You are awesome Anna. I wish I had the motivation to do something like that. Best of Luck. I am sure you are going to do great. I love you HUGE!
Wow. Anyone that even considers a triathalon is a hero in my book. Heck, anyone who considers wearing a swim suit in public is a hero in my book. I'm easily impressed I guess. But really, that's awesome! Good luck!
word verification: excite...see, even blogger is rooting for you!
That is awesome, Anna! Good luck to you!
Wow! Go Anna! You are awesome! That is so cool that you are doing that. Good luck!
Yeah Anna! Races are so fun. I haven't done a triatholon yet, but I want to. My next big feet is a 50k ultramarathon in October. I'm definitely not ready yet, but I am excited about it. How's life?
Post a Comment