Monday, March 7, 2011

The triple threat

pee. poop. and more pee. That has been our day today.

Paige is potty-trained. Or was. Or something. ? I don't know. She peed her pants at least 4 times today, plus she pooped in her underwear too! What is the deal with my kids and pooping in their underwear?

Then, Parker, who is normally so conscientious, somehow managed to miss the toilet every single time he went to the bathroom today. Most of the time he will clean it up, or come and get me if it's really bad. But today, he left it every time.

I know messy toilets and floors come with having young boys, but every time?! Jiminy Cricket!

Okay, now I'm done. This is just one day. I know, eventually Paige will consistently tell me when she's got the urge! And I know, someday, I'll be able to let Parker clean the bathrooms all by himself (because does the male gender ever learn how to urinate without making a mess?)!

There are lots of lessons to be learned through parenting. For me, it's just a matter of setting aside my frustrations and actually learning those lessons.

But for now, I'll just hold on to the hope that "this too shall pass."

2 comments:

Evan and Jamie said...

Totally laughing!! I hear ya!!!! URRR--what is with boys!??? Miss you guys!

Andrea said...

We teach small boys to sit and pee at our house (the option is, "sit and pee, or pee outside" - Sy usually chooses pee outside). When they are old enough to pay attention, they earn the right to stand inside. Doesn't fix all the messes, but it helps.