Hmmm...okay. *remain calm* "well, normally it means something really mean and yucky, and it's something we never want to do. If we ever see someone do that, we should ask them not to," I stated very calmly. "Where did you see that?"
Then Parker, with tears in his eyes said, "Someone showed it to me and it made me really sad."
That's all the conversation that's really necessary to share, but as disturbing as it was to have my child flip me off, it was so sweet to see how sensitive he is to unkindness. I honestly don't know where he could have seen that, and I'm not sure if he was actually even trying to do what he did.
{momentary thinking period}
Now that I think about it, he may have been trying to do some sign language (I guess that is a form of some type of sign language). He's been learning a lot of ASL at church. Man, now I feel like the worst mom of the year. My child was probably trying to do some sign and I made him feel horrible. oops. This is a learning moment. My poor children.
The point is...well, I'm not sure. I just thought it was a little humorous.
You can learn two lessons from me here:
1. Stay calm (as I did)
2. Don't assume (as I did) that your child is giving you the birdie when he holds up his middle finger. It may cause great distress.

1 comment:
I'm just jealous of that chicken picture - that's one nice bird. And now I'm thinking about chickens...
Post a Comment