Thanks to my great friend Ashley, I am no longer blogologically challenged (at least not in the area of making it look cute)! So thank you Ashley!
Also, on a more serious note, I have been thinking a lot lately about the issues I mentioned in my last blog about Prop 8. However, not just on Prop 8, but on how one becomes involved. How does one become an active voice/participant in promoting these things? Sometimes I become overwhelmed by the "power" that it seems the media and wealthy have. However, although we may not be involved on a scale as large as what has occured in CA, we can be involved in our small circle of friends and in our community. I think we sometimes allow ourselves to become consumed by our day-to-day activities and it's easy to push out these important issues. But if we encourage dialogue among our friends and raise awareness on these issues, it will have an effect.
That has been on my mind a lot for the past couple days and I'm sure it will continue to be. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have as to what a person can do to have an influence!
And I apologize for standing on my soap box!
On a lighter note...today was one of those days that I was ready to put Parker to bed for his nap by 8:00 am--he'd only been up for about 30 minutes. I think the poor child is getting more molars (do they get 2 sets on the bottom?). He has had his hands in his mouth all day!
But I guess that's not really happy news...hmmmmmm....happy news....oh! I know!--we had a beautiful sunny day today! So, I took advantage of it and took Parker to the park (I hope that is not a sinful thing to do on Sundays!). Anyway, he decided he would go down a rather steep slide head first...you guessed it: he went flying off and landed on his face in the gravel (it's kind of soft gravel :)! Luckily he is a tough little dude and he just looked up at me wondering how he should react. So I gave a little laugh and he commenced to laugh, hop up, dust himself off, climb up the steps, and go down the slide again--this time, feet first!
I hope you have a happy day!
2019 October
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment